Expected Namibia Safari Vacation Package Experience:
- Accommodation: Hotels, wilderness camps, bungalow accommodation
- Activities: Game viewing, game drives, birding, visits to rock art sites / Organ Pipes / Burnt Mountain, view Cape Cross Seal Colony, walks in Namib Desert, optional city / town tours, optional Swakopmund activities (adventure sports, scenic flights, hot air ballooning, boating, dune boarding, horse riding etc)
- Destinations: Windhoek, Etosha National Park, Damaraland (Twyfelfontein), Swakopmund, Namib Desert (Sesriem, Sossusvlei, Deadvlei, Namib Naukluft Park)
Day 1: Windhoek
Windhoek, with its lingering heritage of German architecture, activities and atmosphere is a city which can be visited throughout the year. The day is spent at leisure. On your Namibia safari you will be met by your guide at the hotel reception for a briefing at +-18h00 (Dinner own arrangements). Villa Verdi (or similar). Accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast basis.
Days 2 & 3: Etosha National Park
This park is one of the most important reserves and game sanctuaries in Africa. The pan itself is a vast shallow depression 139 kilometres (86 miles) by 50 kilometres (31 miles). It is a ghostly white lake, dazzling with heat waves and mirages for most of the year.
Thousands of wild animals such as Blue Wildebeest, Springbok, Kudu, Zebra, Giraffe, Cheetah, Leopard, Lion, Elephant etc. are attracted to the area. The birdlife is prolific with 326 recorded species. You will enjoy early morning and afternoon game drives. Fully serviced mobile safari. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be included.
Day 4: Etosha National Park
Tonight is spent at one of the Park rest camps, in the comfort of en-suite bungalows. The floodlit waterhole at the camp offers an amazing spectacle with an array of animals visiting throughout the night. En-suite bungalows. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be included.
Days 5 & 6: Damaraland, Twyfelfontein
An early morning drive takes us to our exclusive camp at Damaraland. The changing colours of the surrounding landscapes are enjoyed on a guided sunset walk with explanations of the unique flora and geology of the area. The following morning we visit the Twyfelfontein area with walks to view the rock engravings, Organ Pipes, and the Burnt Mountain. Luxury Mobile Safari. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be included.
Day 7: Swakopmund
Travelling through Damaraland we reach the coast with a visit to Cape Cross Seal Colony, one of the largest mainland seal colonies in the world. Swakopmund, which is the next stop on your Namibia safari, with its German colonial atmosphere, is the principal coastal resort of Namibia. Time is spent at leisure to enjoy the charm of this old town or to undertake one of the many optional activities on offer (scenic flights, hot air ballooning, etc. - own expense). Hotel Eberwein. (or similar). Accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast basis.
Days 8 & 9: Namib Desert and Sesriem
Today you are introduced to the amazing landscapes of Moon Valley and the Welwitschia – an unusual pre-historic plant, which is a Dwarf Tree flourishing on the moisture of the Atlantic Coast. Its life span is estimated at more than 1,000 years. Your exclusive camp in the desert under the bright stars of the southern hemisphere will create a lasting impression.
The morning of day 9 your Namibia safari is spent walking amongst the dunes of Sossusvlei and Deadvlei. En-route back to camp you enjoy a short hike through the Sesriem Canyon and experience sunset in the dunes surrounding the camp. (All Meals, excluding lunch on Day 8).
Day 10: Windhoek
Climbing through the mountains of the Namib Naukluft Park, you arrive in Windhoek in the early afternoon +-14h00, where unfortunately your Namibia safari will come to an end. Breakfast will be included. The itinerary will depend on local conditions.
- Group Size: 2-8 participants
- Transfers: Airport transfers are provided in Windhoek on day 1 and day 10
- Fully Serviced Classic Mobile Safari: A safari team erects / dismantles the camp and attends to all duties
- Meals: All meals with table wine in the evening while on safari. Excludes lunches and dinners in Windhoek and Swakopmund
- Accommodation: 6 nights in walk-in safari tents furnished with 2 comfortable beds, linen, blankets, pillows and en-suite bathroom with shower and toilet. Two nights hotel accommodation with breakfast in Windhoek and Swakopmund. 1 night Chalet in Etosha with all meals.
- Flights, Airport taxes, Visa costs
- Lunches and dinners in Windhoek and Swakopmund
- Optional excursions, drinks, mineral water
- Gratuities and personal expenses